From the get-go, it’s worth mentioning that there is no official app for ChatGPT available on Android and iOS devices. The only way to successfully run ChatGPT on your mobile device is to use a browser and visit the website.
If you’ve been living under a rock, ChatGPT is an AI-powered chatbot from the folks at OpenAI (opens in a new tab), who also created the Dall-E-2 AI art generator. Although it only creates text, it can be a great outlet for your imagination. If you have an idea, you can ask the AI to create poems, scripts, and prose on pretty much any topic.
So if you are looking for a way to use ChatGPT on Android or iPhone, we have you covered. This guide will teach you how to use ChatGPT on your iPhone or Android phone.
Requirements to Run ChatGPT on Android and iPhone
- You need to create OpenAI Account
In order to use the AI, users need an OpenAI account, which is the company behind the bot. Fortunately, OpenAI doesn’t charge for an account and the process is simple. Simply head to ChatGPT’s website (visit) and quickly sign up for an account.
- A Web Browser (Google Chrome on Android and Safari on iPhone)
How to use ChatGPT on Android and iPhone
- Open a browser (such as Safari or Chrome) and head to chat.openai.com(opens in a new tab).
- Click Log in or Sign up, depending on whether you already have an account.
- Enter a question, statement, or request in the chat box and tap send.
- ChatGPT should respond quickly. Keep talking if you like, or even assign it a task.
- To view or continue previous chats tap the menu button, at the top left, and then tap the title of a chat.
And done! People have used ChatGPT for all kinds of things but perhaps most exciting of all, Microsoft is integrating it into Bing to redefine the search engine experience.