How many times have you seen an Instagram Story where the background is a single color covering the main photo?
More than once, right? Curiosity has gotten to you and caused you to click on the post or their profile to see the image.
It is normal for company accounts or personal marketing accounts to prompt you to click on the full post by covering key text or images, leaving you wanting to know what is behind it. This brings a multitude of opportunities.
If you want to use this technique but don’t know how then you have come to the right place. In this post, you will find out how to change your Instagram story background color.
How to change your Background color on Instagram Story
If you want to give your Instagram story a new background, you have 3 options:
- Change to a solid background
- Upload a background from your camera roll
- Add a color tint to your Instagram Story photo
Change Background Color on Instagram Story to a Solid Color
If you want to place an image over a solid color background on your Instagram story, follow these steps:
- When in the Story panel, click a random photo.
- Now, tap on the horizontal three-dot icon in the top-right corner and select Draw.
- Next, you will see different colors in the bottom panel. You can select anyone from this list or long press on any color to unveil the entire color palette.
- Once you have selected a desired solid color, simply long press in the middle of the story, and it will turn into that particular color. Then, tap on Done at the top-right.
- With your solid background color now set, it is time to select the image you want to share in your story. To do this, tap the Sticker icon at the top right.
- From the pop-up panel, tap on the “Image Upload” sticker.
- Now, select the image you want to upload and resize it as you want using two-finger gestures. You can also tap on the uploaded image to see more frame options. Then, decorate your story with text or additional stickers. You are all set to share the story now.
Changing your Instagram Story Background From Your Camera Roll
- First and foremost, tap the small square icon in the bottom left corner of your Instagram story creation screen.
- Then, select the image you want to use as the story background.
- Now, tap on the Sticker icon at the top and select the image upload sticker to select the photo you want to add on top of your story background. That’s it.
Adding a Color Tint to Change Background of Instagram Story
To add a color tint to your Instagram Story:
- Upload or take a photo in Stories
- Tap the three-dot button in the top right corner and select draw
- Tap the Pen icon
- Choose the color tint you want from the available options of using the color dropper tool
- Tap the highlighter icon
- Long press on your background (may be necessary depending on the version of the app you have)
- Tap/long press a second time to make a denser color tint
- Tap/Long press a third time to create a solid color