Autofill password is a new API from Google that automatically fills the password fields on your Android or iPhone. You can use Google’s service or any other service like LastPass to use as a password manager and need not remember passwords again.
If you have not enabled this feature on your smartphone yet, in this read we will guide you through the step-by-step guide to enable autofill password on your phone.
This uses Google’s free password manager or you can use any premium password manager. This cuts short the time and hassle of filling in passwords again and again, the manager will fill in the saved password for you on that website or app.
Here are simple methods on how to enable this feature on Android or iOS.
How to enable Autofill Password on Android
Android smartphone comes with a native Google password manager service. But if you use any other service then you should install and set up that app on your phone once to use it as a password autofill option. Here’s how it can be done.
- On your phone, go to Settings > General Management > Password and Autofill.
- If you cannot find this on your phone then search for Autofill inside the settings app.
- Here, tap on the Autofill Service option.
- Select Google from the list and tap OK to confirm the pop-up.
- You need to confirm using the Autofil Service once more and it will all be set as default.
If you want to use a third-party service then select the installed service from the Autofill Service page. It will redirect you to the app and there you need to log in using your credentials. Once you log in, everything will be automatically set and you will see a popup every time you want to fill in a password on any app.
How to enable Autofill Password on iPhone
You can also enable password autofill service on your iPhone or iPad using these simple steps. If you use a different password managers service like 1Password or Lastpass then install the respective app on your iPhone before proceeding with the steps.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings.
- Scroll down to locate the Passwords, and tap on it to access more options.
- Here, select the Password Options.
- Now, enable the toggle for the Autofill Passwords feature.
Below the toggle, you will see the list of password services that you may use to save and autofill your passwords on your device. You can select all the password managers apps to autofill passwords on your device.